Hello Future Fur Parents! Adopt from a shelter or a rescue group or buy a puppy or young kitten from a breeder? This is one of the biggest decisions you will make when decided you want to expand your family or gain a new best friend.
If you are undecided, here are some reasons why adoption is the better choice:
- Not only are you saving a life, but you are also freeing up space for another animal in the shelter or rescue.
- You will also be able to ask about the dog or cats personality, so no surprises when you bring them home.
- Most of the animals you adopt will already have all of their vetting and will be either spayed or neutered.
- Most rescue groups will take the dog or cat back if they are not a good match.
- The gratitude and unconditional love you will gain from your new friend is unlike any other.
- The cost of adopting from a shelter is much lower than the cost of a new puppy or kitten from a breeder.
So what are you waiting for? Go down to a local shelter, save a life, and also gain a new best friend!